A message from CEO John Gillett.
As we leave summer and head towards the winter weather, I would like to take this opportunity to reflect on what has happened over the past few months.
Albany and Maylands were successfully re-accredited with Maylands receiving two recommendations for better practice submissions; Fall
Management Practice and Customer Service Officer. Congratulations to Peggy Winston, Albany Facility Manager, and Liz Ennis, Maylands Facility
Manager, and all the staff at both facilities for a wonderful outcome.
As indicated in our previous newsletter Craigcare has a number of exciting new projects underway. We were successful in the recent Age Care Allocation
Round and were awarded in excess of 300 new places for projects at Albany, Maylands and Ascot.
Over the next 3-5 years we plan to:
- Redevelop Albany into a new 140 place nursing home and approximately 60 independent living units.
- Redevelop Maylands into a new 140 place nursing home with approximately 40 independent living units.
- Build a new 139 place nursing home and 58 independent living units at Ascot in WA.
- Extensively refurbish Craigcare Mornington with a new kitchen, laundry and dining rooms, in addition for new ensuites for each of the multi bedded rooms.
- Undertake a 36 bed extension at our Plumpton Villa facility.
Recently we recruited two new architects to assist with the delivery of these major projects. I will provide further updates as construction works commences at each of these projects.
In addition we have now entered into contract to provide an entirely new fully integrated IT system for the Group. The new IT system is expected to
take 12 months to be implemented.
These initiatives will keep each of the corporate offices extremely busy over the next 12 to 24 months.
Good luck everyone in the new footy season